So I have come up with another theme.. which is youth identity search.
I got my inspiration through a notebook that my cousin has. There are different clothes suggesting different identity of people. So it triggered me to do on this topic of identity search .
The first thing that came to my mind when i think of 'identity' is actually the word 'FACE'. So I decided to draw parts of the faces and fill them with different colours to show the multiple parts a youth can choose from.
This is the first version of it:
I placed the 'blank' boy at a corner as it suggests isolation and also create some form of dynamism in terms of the placement of the facial abstractions. I also placed the 3 words "who am I?" at the bottom left to kind of balance the picture but I think it did not work really well.P.S. There is actually a hidden spiral that suggests a question mark.

But anyway, I tried to replace the words.

I think this design works better. The 2 extra person with the eyes and mouth in place kind of represent the idea that 'they have found their own identity but what about yourself?'
Here's my colour exploration:

As the front design is rather abstract and some people may not understand the underlying meaning, I designed the back such that people would get the meaning of the postcard design.back design: "Have you found your own identity? Find out more at youth.sg"
No comments:
Post a Comment