
However when I asked around for a second round of feedback, most of my friends did not realize the purpose of this sign. They got the gist of 'don't put your bag on the chair' but they did not 'see' the lecture chair.
The issue of 'not leaving your belongings behind' is in fact not prominent. most of the people whom I asked did not mention about this issue so I think my sign did not really carry the gist of 'don;t leave your things behind'.
Actually, in my personal opinion, the purpose of this sign would be depicted clearly if placed in the right context (i.e. lecture theatres).
This is a possible consideration for my final work. I feel that a series of signs containing different items (bag, water bottle, pencil case, files, etc.) would work best. But for the purpose of this assignment, I would be choosing the one with the water bottle as it is the commonly recognized item between guys and girls. For the bag, guys may not recognize this as a bag but more of a plastic bag or some other carrier (if so, the idea of don't leave your belongings behind may be brought up in this design.)
No comments:
Post a Comment