First I came up with the storyboard so everyone will have an exact idea on what scenes to work on and how the perspectives/camera angles would be.




Each of us went home with a few scenes to develop and here are the scenes which i have done.
This scene is rather last minute as all along we thought our story would start on the right page but it actually should start on the left page. In order to keep the back pages consistent (as some pages were linked form left to right), I had to include this scene.
This toilet scene is done based on the initial version ailin had drawn in photoshop with her tablet.
This bedroom scene is also developed from ailin's initial bedroom done in photoshop (below):
This is the outdoor scene that I had drawn. I added in the apples on the trees so that the whole page would not be green-dominated. The red kind of balanced the colour of the page. It took me a long time to draw the net for the goal post -.-"
This scene is intended to link to the previous page. so I had to make my illustrations on one file to sort of 'sync' it properly.
Eventually we settled on this close-up scene.
This scene is actually not done by me. It's done by Min jia. But I just want to show the snail that I added in. Because I wanted to show what Nat was thinking and show a link between this and the nxt scene.The snail actually represents Nat (because of the hair!)
So in this toilet scene, the snail shows that Nat is also present to see the toilet scene. and he was happy about it.I had a black bathtub at first (to make it easier to see the shape) haha... I hated drawing the shower bcause I had to duplicate so many circles. but anyway, adding in the tiles was a challenge for me. If i added in all the tiles, the whole scene would look complicated and messy. So i chose to add in a few at different places and it turned out quite alright.
This is a kitchen scene developed from Min Jia's initial version.
Another scene in the story.
After the end of this meeting we went to Bras Basah to check out printing companies. A lot did not provide the kind of binding which we wanted (perfect binding) as our pages were too little. We collected all the scenes together to finalize and went home disappointed as we didn't find a printing company to do hardcover binding for us.


No comments:
Post a Comment