Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Assignment 4 (Colour Coalition)

For this assignment, we are supposed to do a postcard according to the theme: Youth.
Colour exploration is the main purpose of this assignment...

My idea is like Youth: Live it or Leave it. It kinda means we should make full use of our youth years before we leave it. Some youths tend not to cherish their youthful lives and they fail to realize there's so many activities out there for them to do.

I admit my design is quite bad... because I did it in quite a rush. all the mid terms comin up T.T I just did a rough work of what I intended to do, and basically my aim was to just explore the colours that could portray the energy of youths.


The critique I got was that the arrangement of the word youth should be explored further because in terms of the rules of 3rds, it is right smack in the centre. So it will not bring that kind of energetic or dynamic feeling. So I should work further in terms of my composition.

As for the colours, most of them preferred the green against black background (1st row 3rd column). As for me, I preferred the very first one because red , orange and yellow gives people a very exciting and energetic feeling.

No comments: